OLD MONROE CREEK CEMETERY RECORDS
A little north of Weiser, Idaho, on highway 95. lies the fertile farming area of Monroe Creek. Near where the early stage coach road crosses the Monroe Creek is an old pioneer cemetery. About the year 1960-61, Lloyd and Cy Newman, together with Oliver Turnidge fenced this small hallowed plot of ground. The materials for this project were furnished by the Ladies Club of Monroe Creek.
The cemetery is located on the old Harris Homestead and is near the Monroe Creek Schoolhouse. The old Parks and Yardley homesteads are near by.
The four known graves contained within this cemetery are:
(1) Corporal Noah W. Harris, Co. C 2nd Missouri Calvary (no dates) Marker on grave reads: GAR Post 26 Dept. Idaho
(2) Nancy (wife of Noah W. Harris) buried 1900 age 63
(3) Sailer Bainbridge
(4) Mr. Morrison (an older man)
OLD INDIAN CEMETERY
There is an old Indian burial ground on Mann Creek. It is across the Mann Creek and directly west of the Pedro Home.